GPCA Bug Bytes
By Connie Rogers
March 22, 2018
In this issue: Burnett Scholarship
The Glenn Burnett Scholarship was established in the early 80’s. Since 1986 over $127,000.00 has been awarded to GPCA member’s children to support their attendance at a Georgia College or University.
Named after Glenn Burnett who dedicated more than 20 years of service to the association, the scholarship program has continued to grow in participation and funding through the years. Funded from the Charity Golf Tournament, the program is well established and an integral part of GPCA member services.
Here’s the basics on application requirements:
1. 1300 SAT or 28 ACT score
2. 3.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average
3. Must be accepted or be a full time student at a college or university in the State of Georgia.
4. Application and letter of recommendation, along with a transcript (to validate test scores and GPA) must be received by April 15, 2018 in the GPCA office. The full criteria, procedure and application is available on the GPCA website at GPCA.org or by
clicking on the link below.
5. Deadline for the Scholarship is APRIL 15, 2018
6. Burnett Scholarship Application
7. Scholarship Procedures
The GPCA Calendar for 2018 is filling up fast.
Be sure to save these important dates:
July 15 – 19, 2018 – GPCA Summer Conference, Hammock Beach Resort, Palm Coast, FL
September 12 & 13, 2018 – GPCA North Georgia Conference, Dalton, GA
Please note date change – October 10, 2018 – GPCA Charity Golf Tournament, Reunion Country Club, Hoschton, GA. Click here for the golf registration brochure
November 7 & 8, 2018 – GPCA South Georgia Conference, Rural Development Center, Tifton, GA