Incorporated

January 1, 1950

The Georgia Pest Control Association was incorporated in 1950 with 16 original members. New chemicals and technology that had been used in World War II were fostering a new wave

Structural Pest Control Act

January 1, 1952

In 1952 the Georgia General Assembly passed the Structural Pest Control Act which provided the framework for regulating the pest control industry. The primary concerns were: Protect the public from

University of Georgia Partnership

January 1, 1957

The Georgia Pest Control Association was eager to promote professionalism in the industry and to this end starting working with the University of Georgia to hold an annual “short course”

The PROFILE

January 1, 1969

The PROFILE magazine started in the late 60’s as a means to provide information to pest control operators. The magazine has expanded from a mimeographed newsletter to a quarterly color

Office Official

January 1, 1989

For many many years, GPCA was run from the guest bedroom of Executive Director Glenn Burnnett’s Atlanta home. When Burnett retired in 1985, the association hired Valera Jessee. In 1989,

Expansion

January 1, 1999

In 1999, the association moved into its own 3600 square foot office building, complete with training facility.